Alpha Delta Pi is not just four years - it's a lifetime!
Alpha Delta Pi History
The story of Alpha Delta Pi began in 1851 at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Georgia.
Led by Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald, our six founders established The Adelphean Society for “the mental, moral, social, and domestic improvement of its members.” The Adelphean Society, later renamed Alpha Delta Pi, was the first secret society for college women.
Our principles of scholarship, leadership, sisterhood, and service now guide over 215,000 women in more than 140 active collegiate chapters and over 150 alumnae associations.
Since 1979, Alpha Delta Pi has been committed to serving Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), which provide a temporary residence for families with seriously ill children.
The Mid-Cities Alumnae Association is actively involved with our local Ronald McDonald House. It is a pleasure to provide goodie bags, food, paper products, and other items to these families.
We are also involved with collegiate Alpha Delta Pi chapters. We appreciate the opportunity to sponsor and serve sisters in need.